Wednesday, December 31, 2014

For Those Who Have Had A Tough Year

For many, 2014 has been a tough year. A few years ago, I came across a quote by Andrew Murray that I have found helpful to those who are in a hard place. Andrew Murray was a pastor/missionary in South Africa in the late 1800s. He was a prolific writer on the exchanged Life and prayer.

Here is the quote:
"God brought me here, it is by His will that I am in this difficult place. In that fact I will rest. He will keep me here in His love and give me grace to behave as His child. He will make the trial a blessing, teaching me the lessons He intends me to learn and working in me the grace He means to bestow. In His good time He can bring me out again; how and when, He knows. Until then....

I am here by God's appointment, in His keeping, under His training, for His time."

No comments:

Post a Comment